Cellusys SS7 Firewall
SS7 was never designed with security in mind and therefore has always been open to both internal and external threats…
SS7 was never designed with security in mind and therefore has always been open to both internal and external threats. Given the severity of the security issues, an intelligent, rules-based system that can monitor, develop rules, and implement policies to stop or limit the impact of these attacks is the only way to secure your network and subscribers.
The SS7 Firewall has the ability to rate limit, modify, drop, tag, or log messages based on individual rules and a variety of criteria.
Unified or Independent
SS7 Firewall supports all applications within the SS7 protocol, including MAP, CAMEL, and ISUP. It can be complemented with additional protocols as additional modules of the Unified Signalling Firewall as needed in the future.
- All modules intercept both national and international messages
- Uses REST API integration
- All Cellusys products support virtual deployment or can be installed on our customized servers
The GSMA’s FS.11 has categorized GSM MAP messages according to where an operator can expect to observe them. SS7 Firewall screens all three categories of SS7 messages.
- Category 1 messages should not be expected at the interconnect level unless there is a prior agreement between operators.
- Category 2 messages should only be expected for an inbound roamer from their home network.
- Category 3 should only be expected on interconnects between mobile operators for outbound roamers.
- Equipped with powerful (yet agile) reporting and alerting features, not only will your network be secure, you can be sure to have the most accurate information about your network traffic and security at your fingertips.
- Customise real-time alerts to be notified the moment a threat occurs.
- Everyone on your team can be provided proper access levels and customize reports to suit their individual needs (no matter their level of technical expertise) thanks to the intuitive GUI.
- Easily set alerts or publish reports as broad as traffic overview or drill down to monitor a suspicious caller ID. Troubleshoot VIP complaints and monitor message volumes with the touch of a button.
From the first day of deployment, pre-defined rules ensure all known threats are blocked. From here, the rules engine, using advanced matching algorithms, not only detects the threats but also provides valuable intelligence in real time, assisting security teams to actively stop any new undefined threats and identify the source.
New policies can be created and implemented immediately without relying on third parties or software updates. Users have full access to the protocol, and can easily customize the flexible rules engine via the user-friendly web interface to implement broad policies as well as attain fine-grained control.
Signalling Providers and Signalling Hubs
Signalling is your business — at least make it secure.
We have provided many Tier1 signalling hubs with the capability to control and secure their signalling.
Fully compliant with GSMA FS.11
GSMA FS.11 SS7 Interconnect Security Monitoring and Firewall Guidelines was the first set of guidelines approved by the GSMA in November of 2015 and has been updated regularly since then. Version 6.0 was published in May of 2019. It outlines how operators may monitor SS7 MAP and CAMEL traffic, detect unwanted and malicious messages, and set firewall policies. GSMA guidelines are often the basis for public policy and regulation regarding signalling security.