IGM-1100i Indoor Universal IGM and IGM
IEEE 1588 Integrated GNSS Grandmaster for Indoor Installations
Synchronizing indoor small cell operations typically requires a high-accuracy timing receiver nearby and often a complicated GNSS antenna installation to support a relatively few number of small cells. Microsemi’s revolutionary integrated GNSS grandmaster (IGM) solves this problem of delivering precise GNSS-based time indoors where GPS signals usually cannot be received. The IGM fully integrates a 1588 PTP grandmaster with a GNSS receiver and antenna in a small, fully contained package designed for easy installation on an interior wall or ceiling.
With its integrated GNSS antenna, Microsemi’s IGM grandmaster significantly reduces the costs of purchase, installation, and maintenance of external GNSS cable systems required for the typical GNSS timing receivers. In tall, multi-floor buildings, running a GNSS antenna cable to the roof is either very expensive or altogether unfeasible as an option. The IGM Indoor offers a quick and simple solution to bring highly accurate PTP grandmaster timing closer to mobile edge, and is ideal for LTE-A, 5G, and DOCSIS3.1 deployments.
The IGM grandmaster family leverages the same software across the portfolio enabling mobile operators to facilitate densification with enhanced management options, more reliability through GPS backup, greater scalability with IPv6, and increased client support.
New Hardware Model: IGM Plus for Release 3.0
Release 3.0 features a new hardware model with an upgraded GNSS receiver adding Galileo and QZSS support and an upgraded mini OCXO oscillator for enhanced time keeping and holdover performance.
New Software Capabilities for Release 3.0
- Support for IPv6 OAM/Management, in addition to IPv6 support for PTP traffic
- Automated configuration of a large number of devices with Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) through DHCP (option 43)
- Enhanced support for individual device configuration with full CLI
- Reduced installation costs and simplified cabling
- Enhanced indoor GNSS performance, capable of receiving GNSS signals when deployed indoors and/or in deep urban canyons
- Plug-and-play features to reduce deployment cost and time
- Deployment flexibility (small size, wall or ceiling mount)
- Best-in-class synchronization for indoor small cell deployments
Integrated GNSS Grandmaster (IGM 1100i) Features
- Small form factor with single 1 GbE RJ45 port
- Supported PTP profiles: ITU-T G.8265.1 (L3 unicast), ITU-T G.8275.1 (L2 multicast), ITU-T G8275.2 (L3 Unicast), Telecom 2008 and Ethernet default
- One-step and two-step clock
- Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) input and output
- Unique ability to provide GPS backup by accepting PTP input
- APTS and asymmetry compensation
- IPv4 and IPv6 support (PTP and OAM/Management)
- Maximum 32 PTP clients
- License control
- 802.1Q VLANS
- GNSS receiver with assisted GNSS support
- GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS
- Time to First Fix (TTFF) of 10 minutes to less than 1 hour until system lock
- Primary Reference Time Clock (PRTC) compliant
- Cable compensation to address GPS cable length